Our CMS web package deal
Most of our web design clients want an easy-to-use content management system that allows them to add and edit pages and news items themselves. We’ve put together a deal that does just that.
What you get
A WordPress-driven, content-managed site designed from your initial brief. No prior knowledge of HTML is required – we will provide a step-by-step guide to editing your site and, if requested, will talk you through the process. We will set up the site on your existing web server or, if necessary, help you find a suitable web hosting deal.
- Look and layout to match your specification. We supply a visual (jpeg) of a typical page before continuing with the site build.
- Complete control over both main-content and side-column content.
- Latest news items can be listed or displayed on the front page.
- System for creating sets of continuously changing photos.
- System for displaying randomly selected facts or quotes about your work.
- Basic anti-spam protection for email addresses.
- Search-engine-friendly code, validated to W3C standards and which works across all major browsers.
Prices (excluding VAT)
As above, all ready for you to enter the page content
If you’d like to see another idea for the ‘look and feel’
With spambot trap and up to six fields
|Page content (per page)
If you don’t want to do the initial content layout yourself.
NB: all text and images for content to be supplied. Pages requiring tables or custom graphics, or with more than 500 words or 3 photos may incur additional charges.
Isn’t that for blogs?
Although it started as blogging software, WordPress has now matured into the most popular content-management system (CMS) on the planet. Although we build many of our sites around the WordPress engine, most visitors are completely unaware of this.
It’s important to understand that:
- Your site will probably look exactly the same, whether or not you go for the WordPress CMS option. Apart from the ability to include things like news items, of course.
- We do not just give you one of the thousands of ready-made Wordpress themes: we create the look from scratch.
- Because we build you a site, not a blog, many of the features associated with WordPress blogs (like the ability to swap themes) are simply not relevant.
- However, if you want to incorporate a blog into your site, let us know and we'll price it up for you.